Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Jester on the sidelines

jester


My daughter in one of her sillier moods. Taken about eight months ago.

Which wasn't the case last night. It was more like nightmare on Elm street. Much fighting over her restrictions.

And today, after our two month sabbatical, we had another mole removed. Again the scalpel, not the punch-out tool. Or whatever they call it. At work we use a punch-down tool for the telephone lines and that is the only punch-whatever tool I can think of in my exhausted state.

We made the mistake and went school shopping too early before the doctor appointment. We were exhausted. We were gone for over eight hours. A small pit stop at Starbucks did help, but my daughter became very tired and agitated after the mole removal. It didn't help her that she was in the middle of a six-day punishment. She is sad and lonely. She misses her friends, her computer, the telephone and her boyfriend. It was very hard to watch her cry on the way home.

The needle numbing is the most painful part. And, she looked this time when they removed the snail-sized piece of skin off her back. The doctor told her not to look, that it would be over soon. But, she looked and I looked. I used to get queasy. Once I worked for a veterinarian and they brought in a dog that had been hit by a car. I almost passed out. I was seventeen at the time. I have avoided any blood, guts and bones since then. I can't watch movies with that in it. One time in school we were watching a movie and they showed a guy with his bone sticking up out of his arm and I winced. I will never forget it. That stuff really bothers me.

Tomorrow at eight p.m. she gets the computer and her telphone back. She still cannot have friends over or visit anywhere without me for the next three days. She is upset (which is expected).

She came home and played with the dog. I told her to take it easy. The numbing should wear off in an hour or so. Then the pain and soreness sets in. Eight inside stiches and eight on the outside.

Hopefully, just two more moles after this one. And, hopefully the doctor won't need to re-open one up.

Sigh. I , too, am tired. Exhausted. Spent. Emotionally, physically and monetarily. Whew. School shopping. They have Christmas clubs, maybe we should start up school shopping clubs. Yuk, yuk, yuk.

Coming from the speakers: American Pie by Don McLean

No comments: