
My moonflowers are blooming. This is last years' picture, but they look the same. I just don't seem to have as many this year, because of the dry weather. I didn't water. Between migraines I was finally able to get out and mow some of the jungle outside this evening. That is, until a bumblebee stung me. I have not been stung in years. It is nice to know that I am not allergic.
It got stuck inside my shirt, and I hopped around looking like an idiot. I almost tore my shirt off outside, but my senses got the better of me. I tried to go back out after five minutes, but there were about five buzzing around my back porch. Sigh. The jungle grass is going to have to wait a little bit longer. I was making good progress, too. Darn bees!
Daughter's incision is feeling better. She still has a little soreness in her shoulder/arm area. She finishes up her punishment today. I told her she is on thin ice with me. No more slip ups. I wanted to send her to the Y.M.C.A. teen camp for the remainder of the summer, but I just cannot swing the $100 per week. That would get her out of the house from 8 to 5 during the day. She is bored and the only thing in town to do is the teen park place from 5 to 10 each evening. They won't let you pay by the day. Week by week only. Grrrr. Maybe I can swing every other week until school starts.
I am not real comfortable with that park teen place, because teen means thirteen to nineteen year olds. I don't care for nineteen year old boys hanging around my daughter and her friends. As my therapist says, "They should be doing stuff with other nineteen-year-olds. She thinks they are possibly social outcasts that didn't fit in with their own age group, and never grew up." My niece is 18 and she wouldn't dream of being caught there with the 'little kids.'
2 comments:
Are they ground bees? If so, you need to find the hole in the ground and spray it. If they are nesting bees, I am surprised that they attacked you unless you disturbed their nest in some way. They are not wasps? Actually most bees are pretty safe.
Not wasps. Must be ground or nesting. I have found them hiding behind some pretty vines growing along my back porch. I poked at the vines this evening and out two came, fighting mad. I see yellow on them and they are quite round. When I mowed, I pulled some bigger weeds right where they are located. Funny thing is, I wasn't attacked until I was all the way across the other side of the yard. It is no wonder I got stung, since I was heading straight for their nest when I ran for my back door and cover. Unless, there are two nests! Aarrrrrgh!
Post a Comment