Friday, July 08, 2005

Take it slow

blue palm


Sigh. Doctor says it is only a pulled muscle. I am not so sure. She gave me NSAID's for the discomfort. I took one. And, I'll go back to ibuprofin, thank-you. I can't stand NSAID's. I tried them before for migraines and plantar fasciitis, and they make me feel worse than before taking the medicine.

My neck hurts too, so maybe it is a pulled muscle. But, that doesn't explain the cold. I am rarely cold. Sitting in my office at work co-workers were very surprised to see me wrapped up in a sweater. I was f-r-e-e-z-i-n-g. I could not get warm. At home, I return to my heating pad. And, I want to sleep all the time.

She also said that pleurisy will go away on it's own, without treatment. I'll just take it slow. I asked her about this because sometimes I would rather ride it out than go to the doctor.

I was putting the cover back on the grill yesterday and a huge spider crawled out from under it and I jumped, threw the cover and twisted my neck all over again. I don't have that same compassion for spiders that my Mom did. I had the heebie-jeebies for a good ten minutes.

Well, it appears as if I am in for a slow week-end. I have so much to do outside, too. The electric company complained about not being able to read my meter. I have a Rose of Sharon bush that grows up along that corner. The previous owner had not removed the old box and I think she was using it to cover up the area. It works, but too well.

I was able to cut that bush back, but I need to do so much more. It's a jungle out there.

Coming from the speakers: Kokomo by The Beach Boys.

No comments: