
Precious was just stretching, she wasn't bracing for a confrontation. I just happened to catch her while doing that. The cats remained hidden during my 4th of July cook-out (or rather, 2nd of July cook-out). The fireworks were spectacular. I had enough food and pop. Very little alcohol drinking this trip around. My main drinking branch of the family had a wedding and I guess they had to go because their son was in it.
I had a couple of Long Island Iced Teas made from a pre-mix bottle. Instead of cola, I mixed it with my sun tea. It was rather good. The evening cooled off quite a bit and instead of sparklers and fireworks I puchased 100 glow sticks for the "kids" to play with. My kid (the fourteen year old) and her group took off for the festival in town (just over the hill) and the rest of the party had fun making necklaces and bracelets. The roof of my house now has a couple of new rings on it. Thanks, whoever. No one 'fessed up to the deed.
I found neon glowing rings in my dogwood tree and my black dog wore two of them for the evening. She was quite easy to spot in the dark. I have no pictures, I don't know what I was thinking. I may have been just too busy fixing food and making sure everyone had enough to eat and drink. I just didn't even think of the camera.
I am beat. I am slowly cleaning up. I had 25 people show up. It was so cute. My brother's step grandson (Josh) is the young one of the family at this time. My niece is expecting, though! We can see the fireworks from my front yard, except for the low ones get cut off by the treeline. When we couldn't see them, I would yell, "Higher!" And little Josh would parrot me and yell "Higher" too. Once, though, I yelled the usual "Higher" and he yelled "Higher, come on - you can do it!" Sure enough, the next one would be high enough for us to see it. It happened every time.
My niece and nephew just took off to see "War of the Worlds" and my daughter is at a birthday party. Just me and the pets. I need this quiet time to rest and relax. And clean. I dripped watermelon on my kitchen floor and it has been bugging me with the stickiness. I think the dish washer has been running non stop for two days.
Grab the Sunday paper, a cup of coffee and sit out on the patio. Clean up a little and leave the rest for tomorrow. Sit down, sigh and settle in. I glance up and see the rings on the top of my roof and I smile. Yes, good times.
Coming from the speakers: Thomas O'Malley Cat by The Aristocats.
1 comment:
Happy restful Fourth of July, Peruby
Post a Comment