Thursday, July 14, 2005

Why you might NOT want to be a celebrity

tom hanks


I have a new toy. I was playing around with the movie The Terminal freezing frames on my pc, and I thought to myself "Oh, my. I am so glad I am not in pictures. Any facial expression you make is out there forever."

My daughter has been complaining about the air outside each time she comes home from the Park Place. I didn't know what to tell her. When I went outside this evening to take Sable out, I realized what it is. Mosquito spraying in the city. She said it was a sweet smell that made her sick. Well, that about sums it up.

I did some more mirrors on the wall today. I have a total of 30 put up. There are a couple of areas where one tile has slid down a fraction of an inch. Good thing it is close to the bottom. After this, we start on the other wall with the glow in the dark forms.

I also want to pull back an area of the carpet to see what kind of floor I am looking at underneath. If it is something I can work with or not. My daughter wants a hardwood floor so she can dance. This is virgin territory for me. Other than my Mom's house, I have always rented. So, pulling up carpet was not really an option. I would much rather pay someone to do it, but this does have a certain satisfaction to it. Doing it yourself.

Outside, it is still a jungle. We did get some rain yesterday and today. Remnants of Dennis, I guess. My moonflowers bloomed two times, but I missed getting a picture of them. I'll try to keep a better watch on them. They bloom at night and are left over in the early morning.

Thank goodness for perennials.

Coming from the speakers: I Wanna Go Back by Eddie Money

1 comment:

Tabor said...

Ohhh, Moon Flowers!! I used to plant those in a container on my deck and we would sit outside in the early evening when they filled the air with their fragrance. Of course, now with West Nile virus, one must be more prepared or more circumspect.