Sunday, July 10, 2005

Mirror, mirror, on the wall

sunleaves


I am making headway on my daughter's bedroom. She wanted one wall all mirrors. I am using the 12 x 12 inch square mirrors. I now realize that my first tube of mirror adhesive was a bum batch. I was really struggling with that stuff. It was like working with peanut butter, only much stickier. It left big clumps on the back of the squares and I was having one heck of a time. Not to mention the smell of the compound. I was sick afterwards. I got through six squares and I quit for a while.

Then, I ran out of compound and opened the second tube. Holy cow! It was as smooth as butter! That first incident about turned me off of the entire project. Now, I have twenty-four squares up and I have 18 more to go. They aren't perfect, but they will do the job. She wants to dance.

All the instructions said to measure, level, blah, blah, blah. Heck. That isn't me. I started in the middle and am working my way out. They aren't lining up perfectly, but nobody is coming around to inspect it. The only problem is, when we clean the mirrors we will have to look out for the little bumps in the corners, but that could be from that first batch of mirror adhesive. It left big globs on the backs of the squares.

The entire wall doesn't need to be covered. I also have glow-in-the-dark spray paint and we are still looking for different stencils. She wanted musical notes. I haven't been able to find any yet, so I bought foam with which to make some and paint them and stick them to the walls.

It is a summer project. Speaking of, my brother has not contacted me about the fire department's web site. Summer is half over. By the time school starts back up, I will be busy again and back on my longer hours.

My daughter introduced me to a new friend this evening. He came over to the house with her boyfriend. He was very nice. He is achondroplastic. We all watched I, Robot together. He told me he has the movie if I would ever like to borrow it. I had only seen the movie once, and had missed parts of it because I was busy at the time. What is it with Will Smith movies the past month or so? We have been inundated with them.

Coming from the speakers: What Makes You Stay by Deana Carter

No comments: