
This is my maternal great grandmother and great grandfather. They look as if they came right in off the prairie. They raised my Mother after they had already raised their own children of six or so. Although, they were farmers without much income, they doted on my Mother. I am not sure the exact year this was taken, but Mom said they pretty much looked the same the entire time she knew them.
Naomi is the one who suffered the headaches and would tie a bandana around her head. I know how she felt. I believe that this fellow helped to teach my father's cousin to play the fiddle. I understand that he passed away in 2003.
I would have enjoyed being in the same room with these old-time musicians. My Father was a clogger, so I hear. I would like to learn to clog. We have a group close to me. I need to look into that. Good exercise.
1 comment:
Ken - Greetings from Ohio. I have more pics from the family album at www.mydeja-view.com.
I think my Mom called your Grandmother Aunt Betty, and I have a pic of her with Aunt Bina.
My brother does a lot of geneology, too. Send me an e-mail address if you want to keep in touch.
Thanks for stopping by!
Post a Comment