I went to the cat shelter today. On Sundays the operation lets the public come in and give the cats some loving. I went there probably a year or two ago. The cats have really gone downhill. They all looked unhealthy and very, very sick. The shelter is volunteer and funded by donations. They had us cleaning our hands every so often with hand sanitizer. The smell of cat urine and litter boxes made me sick and then I began to get queasy from looking at the sneezing, runny-eyed cats. And then I began to wonder if I would pick up anything that I might give to my cats. My cats have had all their shots and they are very healthy, but I couldn't stop worrying. I became physically ill and had to go outside for fresh air. The smell was bringing on a migraine.
I am going to start studying my family tree. My older brother has done most of the background work and I hope to take over someday. He would travel to the different states where our ancestors came from. We originally thought we came from a German line, but discovered that it is actually Austrian. I love it. A lot of records were destroyed by fire in earlier days. There would only be one place where records like that were kept and if the building burned down, so did all the history. So sad.
I found out today that my mom (her picture was posted on yesterday's blog) was the first cousin to this fellow: George Cogar, left MDS and formed Cogar Information Systems which made an "intelligent terminal", the forerunner of the personal computer. I can't wait to see what else I find.
1 comment:
George was my dad. My eldest son has a website you might enjoy.
www.georgecogar.com
feel free to contact me.
We love to hear from "family"
If anyone in your family is on Facebook,
check out the group I started:
I was born a Cogar.
Cheryllyn Cogar Tallman
my email is
lillious@mac.com
Post a Comment