Friday, August 13, 2004

OCD

I think I used to have this one Obsessive-compulsive-disorder. Every time I looked at a digital clock, I had to add up the numbers. So, if it was 4:21, I had to say in my head "7". It was NUTS! Harmless, but nuts.

Do you do anything obsessively? I once worked with a lady (and we shared a ride to work) who went back into the building and checked and re-checked to make sure she turned lights off and other things. It was nuts! I didn't know about OCD back then, but I knew she was a bit off her rocker.

I liked the movie "As Good As It Gets" The part of Melvin Udall suffers from OCD. Although I would find some of his remarks unforgivable, the story is touching.

Last week-end we rented Hidalgo. I could take it or leave it. And, today we watched 50 First Dates. It wasn't exactly what I expected. I guess they wrapped it up the best that they could do. Strange. And, I could have done with a lot less of the character Ula. That guy creeps me out.

I do like Drew Barrymore. Not so much her '90 flicks, but the more recent ones.

No comments: