My God! Stop talking, people! You all talk too much. I am trying to work and you just yak, yak, yak, yak, YAK! I wearily look at them. I don't answer, I don't need to. They just keep on talking. I keep on working. Trying to ignore them. I need to move past being polite, I guess. I need to advance to assertiveness and ask them to be quiet. Sometimes, they act like a whipped puppy. They hang their head down and sulk around like I whipped them, or something. Get lost. Grow up. Go away. I am going home.
I was working at a school today. I went outside to assist someone in unloading some equipment. It was at the back of the building. There was a mommy cat with two little kittens under a bush in the back of the school building. Someone is feeding them, as there are two dishes by the back door of the school Must be the custodians, they are the only ones in during the summer months. I wanted to scoop them up and take them home. I would probably end up taking them to the shelter we have in town, but decided to just leave them alone. I have three cats already! Maybe the little kittens would get homes, but I felt that they would probably be healthier than in the shelter I witnessed a couple of weeks ago. Very sick cats.
The yorkie pup that I held yesterday was purchased for $375. I know they are cute. I also fell in love with the puppy. But the pound is full of unwanted dogs. I wanted to get a yorkie (if the lady had any available, I might have considered it). I am so glad she didn't. As 24 hours have passed, I realize now that it is foolish to pay that kind of money when there are so many being euthanized every day. We got our monstrous mutt at the pound. We got her shots and spayed, and she did get parvo, but pulled through. It cost me a good bit, but there is no guarantee with a purebred (not registered) dog, either. Our dog barks when anyone comes near our door, so that is a plus. She is big enough to cause some people to hesitate when entering our yard, too. If only they knew, she is such a wimp.
I worked at a veterinarian's office back in '77. Some people think it is cruel to have a dog's ears clipped and the tail docked just for cosmetic purposes. I don't feel the need to put a living creature through that for the look of the animal. I am not a breeder or a showman, my pets are for personal enjoyment. I suppose the people who do that can justify it in their own minds, somehow. I go back and forth on the using animals for medicine issue.
No comments:
Post a Comment