Are you the Kool-Aid Mom? Remember the commercial where the Mom comes out to the backyard carrying a smiling pitcher of kool-aid and there are ten kids in the yard? Not all hers, of course. She is the friendly mom, the one who caters to children; no matter whose they are. That's me. Or so, my company from out of state tells me. He said that I feed half the neighborhood. My daughter is an only child and I found it much easier to have friends over for her. I was the youngest of eight children myself and I don't want my daughter to be lonely.
Even nicer is my basement is fully finished and they go down there and laugh and play, we have PS2 Karaoke Revolution 1 and 2. I hear them downstairs laughing and singing away. I love it. I feed them because they make me happy. Now, don't get me wrong. One of them was doing a flip of some sort and her feet connected with the water dispenser off of my Central Air conditioner, breaking it. It cost me to fix it, but you take the good with the bad. Accidents do happen. She was very sorry. She felt bad. That is all you can ask for. These days so many of the children get that sassy, 'I don't give a damn' attitude. It is refreshing to find a polite child. I try really hard with my daughter to remind her to be polite. To say please and thank-you when she is at someone else's house. If she doesn't like the food that is placed before her, to be as nice as she possibly can. Then, you get the Mother's that tell her to eat it or else! That's another story.
No comments:
Post a Comment