Thursday, August 26, 2004

When the Moon Hits Your Eye....


Like a Big Pizza Pie...This is the moon over Ohio tonight. A little flat on one side, but no one or nothing is perfect, right? I don't have a tripod so I blurred. Either it is the movement of the Earth or my trying to stand still or both. I had to quit taking pics because the mosquitoes began to eat me alive. Just a beautiful, beautiful evening.

Sometimes people will say this season is their favorite, like Spring or Fall. If you really think about it, we find something we like from each season. It may be hard in the Winter, but when that snow is falling so softly and evening begins to fall and it starts to turn that beautiful winter blue outside. You have a fire crackling in the fireplace, hot chocolate with whipped cream, fresh, homemade bread or homemade cookies still warm on the kitchen counter.

And summer nights like this with the moon overhead and the breeze blowing through the trees, you are sipping lemonade or iced tea and you smell the roses, or the moonflowers on the breeze. Feel free to add beverage of your choice and flower of your choice.

In the Spring you may have that first really warm day when the green buds are starting on the trees and the birds are chirping and the sky is blue. You feel the warm sun on your face and everything is starting to wake up and it all looks and smells new outside.

And Autumn. A big favorite. Take a crisp, cool day. A big cool glass of apple cider or if it is night, a warm glass of apple cider with cinnamon. The sky is a brilliant blue and the leaves are bursting with color; setting the hills of Ohio ablaze with the bright reds, bold golds, warm yellows, mossy greens, and a dab of orange on the edges. I don't care for apple cider, so I will switch my beverage to iced tea. My daughter's would be cold white milk. And, in the fall how about those bonfire get-togethers? I love them. You're all sitting or standing around the fire, the glow casts shadows on everyone's faces making them romantically mysterious. No matter how well you know them they always look spooky in the firelight.

1 comment:

Peruby said...

No, not a streetlight. It is the moon. I blurred it.