Took my daughter back to school shopping today. We are getting a late start this year. Ouch. I can't help it. I will not charge anything. I like my cards at a zero balance. I waited until I had the cash.
She likes PacSun, Hot Topic, Kaufmanns, and we have yet to go to the Deb Shop.
When I was in Junior High, I went to Mr. Wiggs and Robert Hall and Harts.Does anyone remember those clothing stores? Am I telling my age? After I graduated and got a job, I was able to shop at my then favorites - Jean Nicole, Kaufmanns, Brooks, Carlisles, The Deb Shop, there were others, they have just slipped my mind.
Any way you look at it, it cost a small fortune. At times I tend to be a bit on the frugal side, so I can splurge when it comes to school shopping. For years my daughter didn't even like clothes. She never wanted to shop for new clothes. I used to have to guess and buy her things. Most of the time I ended up taking things back. Until I learned to buy the exact opposite of what I liked. Ha Ha! Or, that was the way it seemed sometimes. The both of us hate shopping. We don't look for bargains. We go straight in - get what we want and straight out. I get migraines so the lights and smells really bother me. The quicker we get this over with the better; as I say. I took medicine before we went shopping and that worked fine. The only problem was the slow sales people. There were not near enough of them and they moved so slowly, I wanted to scream. Stop talking to your co-workers and ring us up!
It is all over with now. My daughter is happy with what she got and we will finish up later this week. Now, I have a couple of months to rest up before Christmas.
No comments:
Post a Comment