Sister 1954's wedding. Hottest day of the year. August 2, 1975. Church had no A/C. I am at the end on the left in yellow. I was 15. Sister 1944 is missing - she was wearing pink. Sister 1956 is in lavender standing next to the bride. Brother 1953 is on the end on the right. This marriage did not last but it produced two wonderful children who visit me quite often.
Her daughter plans to marry in June of 2012. The niece I had staying with me for about 5 years. I will save all of you my cynicism and keep my thoughts about marriage to myself. Since I have never been married it is probably best.
This morning I am waiting for the Advil to kick in so that I can swallow my coffee with little to no pain. My throat has been sore for three days and the glands in my neck are swollen. It hurts when I turn my head or look up at the sky to look at the stars. (One of my favorite things to do while out walking the dogs at night or in the early morning).
Ohio turned very cold yesterday. A huge dip in the temperatures around here.
I had a nasty ordeal with a court hearing on Wednesday. I had to testify. I have never done that before.Ever. My niece's (daughter to sister 1949) ex claims that she is an unfit mother and took her to custody for full support of their five year old daughter. We won't know for a few days what the verdict is. I did not like the ordeal one bit. I hope I never have to do that again.
I knew that I had OD (on demand) for the television but I finally found a use for it. By accident I had the SyFy channel on the other night and caught the first half of an episode of "Alphas". I did not watch the ending but wanted to the next day. So, I pull up the on demand channel and watched that episode plus the last five. LOL!

2 comments:
I did a court stint once after witnessing a terrible accident and the guy that caused it tried to lie his way out of it. Didn't work. We got him convicted. Not fun for me and I won't be doing that in such a hurry soon.
It was SO daunting! I had no idea. The judge was VERY nice but the ex's lawyer was aggressive and had an ugly demeanor about him.
I realize that is his job - but who would want a job like that? Somebody with no conscience, I guess.
I understand why people have this hatred for lawyers. I suspected as much.
Post a Comment