Friday, September 23, 2011

No more torture

By sixth grade - no more rollers. Perhaps the sister who insisted was busy elsewhere - I don't recall. I was left with the stringy, brown hair. In it's natural state my hair would never hold a curl after I turned 12.  It hung like strings down my back. We did not go to the salon back then. Long, straight hair was in style - 1971/72. Check out the cameo pin. They were in style then, too.

I see that I have my usual stash of walnuts in my cheeks. God I hope I start wearing make-up soon. It was not because my Mom did not let me. Actually my Mom was kind of in the state of "Do what you want to do as long as I don't have to do anything extra."  She was tired of raising kids, I am sure.

My sisters had tons of make-up around. I was ending my tomboy stage and would move into the make-up stage soon enough.

2 comments:

Bagman and Butler said...

I see a little bit of a playful nature in that cute grin.

kden said...

Your long straight hair was definately in for the 70's. You make me want to dig through my old photos, just not sure if I'm brave enough to post them.