Tuesday, September 27, 2011

No caption

I am so bowled over by the cuteness of this photo I have no caption. The driver is big brother and the passenger is little brother. I am fairly certain they were stationary but maybe not. Photo courtesy of sister 1944. They are her grandsons. She has another on the way from another son. Good times.

I am always confused by the spelling of stationary vs. stationery. I am going to try to remember that the one with the "e" in it is for writ(e)ing. The one with an "a" in it is for st(a)ying.

I read that the term "bowled over" refers to the game of bowling. Similar to a bowling ball knocking down the pins. To get "bowled over" means to get wiped out or knocked out or overwhelmed. I like trivia stuff like that.

2 comments:

Tabor said...

The other day I was looking up busker because I was trying to figure out what it really meant. Funny how words are formed. It is a cute picture.

Cheyenne said...

To differentiate between the two words, we were taught that pap-er is station-er-y, with the "er" being the clue.

I get bowled over a lot...wiped out ~ not overwhelmed. Sh*t happens to me all the time.