Saturday, September 17, 2011

Me and my baby!

My daughter and I were living in a town with a lot of mineral deposits in it's water. My hair is naturally a boring brown, and I have dyed it blonde since I was 17. The minerals in the water turned it a very brassy orangey red that I never cared for. This was not an intentional color for me.

We used "iron out" in our washing machine when we washed clothes.

I have city water now and my hair still tends to go brassy when I color it. I thought by going to a salon I could combat that. Nope. Last visit came out brassy. It fades after a week or two - but for those two weeks when I first look in the mirror sometimes I am like "Whoa!"

And hey! I thought I had a little girl. Looks like a boy in this photo. :)

2 comments:

Bagman and Butler said...

Beautiful - both of you. My hair, what's left, is white although I can't blame mineral deposits for it.

Peruby said...

Thanks, B&B. My hair is getting rather thin, too.