I went to a 60's tribute concert Friday night. This is my brother-in-law. I seriously doubt that he has ever tried mj, but maybe he did. During the 60's he was the crew cut marine over in Viet Nam.
We had a wonderful time. Four sisters, my bil (above), two nephews and one niece (who bailed out on us in the middle of the concert). She did not know the music - that is okay.
I took the video card out of my ubuntu machine and installed it into my old Motherlode machine, so I am back on Windows XP. However, all 8 of my USB ports are gone. And my firewire port. I am working with a wire (that is a network patch cable to my router strung across the floor).
I guess I will have to download my e-books to my nook at work. I am fortunate that I have an external hard drive that is USB attached to my router and I can backup data that way. Hey, I just realized I can probably plug my thumb (flash/jump) drives in to the router that way also.
So much fun, this technology.
The above mention of a jump drive reminds me of the commercial where the gym teacher is going through the list of items students will need and at the end he says "jump drive... not sure what that is but they are going to be jumping!"

3 comments:
I hope everything works like you hope it do.
I like your bil's necklace and that commercial too!
You are lucky to be so computer literate. I am the opposite and I buy things to do and drag my feet like they were made of concrete, telling myself "One of these days..."
Post a Comment