Monday, June 20, 2011

weigela

I shot a photo of this pretty flowering bush last month when my daughter moved into a house out of town. I guess she is going to move back home this week-end. Sigh.

I ordered a nook today.

It comes with a funny story. As always. I celebrated a late birthday bash with friends (former co-workers) and my list included gift certificates to B&N. I was very happy to get them. The next day my daughter and I drove to the "strip" in North Canton. I walked into the book store and headed to the center where a huge sign said e-readers.

The sales lady said "May I help you?"

I said "I'd like to look at a nook."

She said "Then you will have to go to a Barnes & Noble."

I was confused. I said "Then where am I?"

My daughter said "Mom, this is Borders!"

Aw, man!

1 comment:

Grumpy said...

Good one. I never thought I would give up real books, but I love my Nook. I have a friend who thinks e-readers will soon be obsolete because they will come up with a pad that does everything, so you will only need one device.