Saturday, June 11, 2011

Irish Eyes

My daughter and a few of her friends and I were talking last evening. One friend is headed for Ireland in the early fall. He can't wait to see some Irish girls he said. My daughter wondered if all Irish were red headed. I mentioned P Brosnan.

I enjoy him as an actor. I was a little put out by a scene or two in The Matador but overall it was a little bit of a different role for him. I especially liked him in Mrs. Doubtfire and The Thomas Crowne Affair.

I had recorded a movie and finally  was able to watch it the other night. The Greatest. Brosnan's crying scene touched me and made me start to cry. No easy feat for this old gal.

Fortunately, I have not seen any of his work prior to Mrs. Doubtfire. I caught R Steele maybe two or three times. Yawn.

I think he is close to getting cast spitting out the same character movie after movie, but I think he is trying to branch out and take some artistic challenges.

No comments: