Tuesday, June 28, 2011

He just doesn't "get" it


This is not my house. I lifted this photo for emphasis.



The fellows (all 2 of them) ripped out the old carpet. I had every thing out that I could physically move myself and my back is really feeling the strain. I placed all the cats (five) in the basement and the two dogs were placed in the garage. The boxer hates this.

I settled myself into my air conditioned kitchen and tidied up. I washed cupboards and counters and gave the microwave a good cleaning while the fellas worked in the living room.

I heard "Ma-am."

I thought they were done and was I was jubilant.

Nope. He had opened my coat closet door. Why in God's name would anybody open that door? My secret was exposed. I am a border line hoarder. OMG! 

He said "the closet". 

I could not look at him. I stared at the mountain of stuff and said "Oh, you need the closet cleaned out?"

He said "Yes, it was included in my estimate."

The closet carpet (floor space) looked to be about two feet long and maybe a foot wide. (After I removed the stuff because you sure as hell could not see the carpet before hand).

I was mortified. Do you realize how much "stuff" a hoarder can pack into a space of this size? I am  not talking two feet by one foot. I am talking about "up". Like when the city planners first realized that you can build up instead of out. The sky's the limit!

And I thought my back hurt before! I felt pressured and rushed. When I  work, I take breaks to give my back a well deserved rest. Not this time. And for Christ sake! Whoever invented the Lite Brite needs to be shot and needs to be shot, now! At least make those little pegs magnetized so I can take a huge magnet and run over them and pick up the damn things! Sheesh.

Sigh. And you know what? That isn't the worst of it! Oh, no!

But, I can't tell you the second part of this story because those torture-ers will be here any minute and I have to go hide my cats and put my dogs in the garage!

Needless to say, I did NOT get a picture of the closet before I cleaned it out. That is why I posted the above photo. If I HAD stopped and taken the time to take a picture of the closet, I have no idea what the fellow would do or say. I can only imagine. I think he was rolling his eyes as it was. I did not want to push him any further.

Sigh. To be continued....

3 comments:

Cheyenne said...

We are only 2 people in this house and I have 3 bedroom closets and a long closet in the hall and they are all piled high, so I know exactly what you mean. Who doesn't do that very same thing? More than you think. So don't feel so bad. I'm sure those guys have seen a helluva lot worse in their job.

Anonymous said...

We used t have a hoarder in my family but she is no longer with us.

Grumpy said...

Hilarious post. Bill's right, they've seen worse, much worse. Unless of course, you had a dead body stored in the closet.