Saturday, December 12, 2009

Putting on the brakes

The hood of my car after the accident. Poor deer. I did not want him for a hood ornament.

Anyway. I am putting on the brakes today. Well, I am going to try. I was so sick of looking at, researching, talking about, hearing about, and plain old thinking about cars last night that I wanted to scream. In fact, I think I did.

Today I plan on getting Christmas decorations out. Dogs be damned! If they chew them up at least they are leaving my lamps alone. I won't get out any sentimental decorations. It will be all the store bought stuff and either it will be very old or very tacky, so I won't care what they do with it. Well, maybe.

If you are a serious pet lover, don't continue to read this.

If, by chance any of my decorations happens to strangle, poison or just makes any of my dogs ill - that will just make my day.

Kidding! I am kidding! Really. I don't want to clean up vomit or any other mess that might come out the other end.

A side note on the boxer. He has decided that our longer walks to the field beside the horse barn are no longer necessary now that the temps have dipped into the lower 20's and the windchill factor has even made it colder. Nope. He is content with doing his business in the corner of our front yard, thank you very much. Of course it isn't where the puppies go, that would be... well just gauche. He must be proper and separate himself from the heathens.

This does however, cut down on my much needed exercise. Oh well. I guess I have to make sacrifices, too.

2 comments:

Tabor said...

What about painting some tobasco on parts of the decorations? I am sure that they also have chew toys, right? I could hardly wait until my dog grew out of puppy hood because of all the chewing on the rungs of my chairs!

Peruby said...

My sister suggested the same thing! Hot tobasco sauce mixed with flour to make a sort of paste on the electric cords. I am trying to get creative and hiding them. I nailed a power strip to the wall behind a book case so that it keeps the cords up and off the floor.

Yes, they devour the chew toys. We go through them pretty quick. I can't do the rawhide chews. They all eat them and throw them up.