Tuesday, December 22, 2009

It will come without trimmings or tree


I am one photo behind on the chewed up merchandise. I am wearing my glasses with the chewed ends behind my ears. Ouch. That happened just yesterday. The above cable happened last week. My nephew told me I should have been using this digital cable for my monitor. What do I know? LOL!

Anyway, this is the main reason I do not have a tree put up. I do not have one decoration up. But, Christmas will come. It will come without tree. It will come without decorations. There will be food. There will be presents.

I will decorate once I am able to stay in the house 24/7 with the hounds. They have broken every barrier we have made for them. I have not invested money into a more industrial barrier, yet. Maybe this spring. If there is anything left to barricade.

I get a live tree every year. My nursery just around the corner is out of trees. I do see a little tiny one sitting by their sign. I might stop there tonight to see if I can get that one. It is about 3 feet tall.

It is only one year out of my life. One Christmas out of the 48 I have celebrated so far. This will be my 49th year. My daughter's 18th. My nephew's 32nd and my niece's 22nd. We will survive. We will laugh and celebrate regardless of what condition the tree and decorations are in.

I can remember sparser years. I used to decorate a plant when I lived in an apartment in the 80's. But, I also drove home for the holidays back then. My Mom always had a huge tree that reached to the ceiling. Always a live one. One year somebody stole it right off of our front porch before we could get it inside and into the stand. Sheesh!

2 comments:

Tabor said...

I saw Marley and Me last night and actually thought of you!

Cheyenne said...

No tree for me, but I do have a lot of fake poinsettias around the house. The bathroom is decorated as is the table in the hall. But no tree. Punkin' climbs our fake ficus tree all the way to the top, so I can just imagine what he would do with a live tree.
We can celebrate Christmas without a tree.