Thursday, December 24, 2009

Jingle all the way!

My Grand Nephew performing at the mall with his pre-school classmates.
He is the one in gray.

Ah, just a note before I start my herculean day. My nephew arrived with a ton of gifts we hid in a back bedroom (pups). He is so organized this year. All wrapped and in lovely store totes. He and my daughter put up a 3 foot live tree. My daughter bought it at the nursery who only had 2 little trees left. We put the LED lights on it and they shine bright blue through my blue curtains. Really quite magical.

I called my eye doctor's office about my dogs chewing my glasses. After a couple of banters back and forth the receptionist said "Oh, you only need temple covers, come on in any time." I did. They covered the ends, tightened the frames, cleaned the lens(es) and I am back in business. Like having new glasses. For 2 dollars! 2 dollars! I didn't know anything (involving a doctor's office) could cost 2 dollars.

Now, I am off to make more cranberry-nut bread, a couple batches of cookies and wrap, wrap, wrap.

Oh, and for Christmas I wish all of you a family (or close friend) who is a techno-geek. I cannot describe how much I am learning from my nephew. When we go shopping (Lowe's, Staples, etc...) he explains so much to me. He told me all about how light fixtures work (picking up a new electrical cable because the dogs chewed mine), he explained all the possible flooring I could choose from (carpet in living room is ruined and must be pulled up), and he knows all about cameras (what CMOS and CCD) are, and he showed me how he can download entire movies in less than 10 minutes. He downloaded "Four Christmases" and a bootleg copy of "Old Dogs". He deleted them, we didn't watch them. He was just showing me how he could do it using something I had not heard of (NZB). It isn't free. He downloads TV shows that he cannot watch here in the USA. All British broadcasts. He is a big fan of British TV. Sigh. Amazing.

1 comment:

Tabor said...

Merriest of Christmas to you and your loved ones. Thanks for the tech support over the months!