Monday, June 06, 2005

When darkness falls early

sunset reflection


I think someday I would like to find out if I can really hear a "hiss" when the big ball of sun hits the water. This is another one from the May 7th evening at the Springwood Lake campsite. (Soon to be sold) :(

Coming from the speakers: In a New York Minute by The Eagles.

4 comments:

Tabor said...

Or the famous green flash of light...information which can be found here:
http://www.infoplease.com/ce6/sci/A0930510.html
or here:

http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/atmos/redsun.html

Did you ever read any John D. MacDonald mysteries. They are really dated reading these days, but when you are at a beach they are a nice mindless habit. Anyway, in one of the books (can't remember which) he talks about the green flash.

http://mostlyfiction.com/sleuths/macdonald.htm

Peruby said...

Have not heard of the green flash, but find it very interesting. Have not read John D. MacDonald, but I will look into getting some of his books.

Cape Fear scared the bejesus out of me (I watched the 1991 version with Robert DeNiro before I watched the 1962 one with Robert Mitchum). As I read up on John D. MacDonald I found out that he wrote that novel in 1957 under the title "The Executioners."

Tabor said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tabor said...

Gee, did not know that. His detective series is much more the 1970's detective genre...easy, mindless, not even a lot of sex.