Thursday, June 09, 2005

Just who do you think you are

lake_park


This is the park today in my small Ohio town. We are very fortunate to have this park where there is a small amusement park, a swimming pool, a lake for fishing, multiple playgrounds, tennis, basketball and a bocci court. Batting cages, amphitheater, track, ballfields, and shelter houses. It isn't New York City, but it'll do. Probably better in many ways.

I have continued to clean house. As in the blogs that I read. I have them narrowed down to about nine, now. One blogger made it real easy. This certain blogger has been dishing people lately. Not anyone they know, because their blog is so popular they can't dish anyone they know anymore. Their blog has been published in a magazine or two, I guess. This blog they were insulting a tourist. A fifteen-year-old girl tourist. It sounded to me like the blogger had more issues with the girl being blond and fifteen than with what they said about New York city. Indeed.

In a previous blog they dissed someone by saying "This is why you are forty-something and still single!" I guess the forty-something didn't like the way this blogger set their alarm clock. Actually, I do the same with my alarm clock. But still, ouch. I am forty-something and still single. Some may find it hard to believe, but I kind of like it that way.

Forward and onward. Onward and forward. Something is working for me, because I have been damn happy at work.


Coming from the speakers: Mr. Big Stuff (Who Do You Think You Are?) by Jean Knight.

2 comments:

Peruby said...

pay is all year, thank goodness. Like a teacher, but not a teacher. When there is a lull in activity, I like to spend my work hours learning something new. So as not to take advantage of the tax payers money. Last summer was Linux, this year it looks to be Oracle database with the help of my nephew. I try to choose something that will help out the schools eventually.

Tabor said...

Forty-something and single IS different from forty-something and STILL single. I think you are the former.