
I feel as though everyone is on vacation, except me. There are about four people out from work on vacation, my nephew is here for some "visiting with family time" vacation. My daughter and her friends are on summer vacation, and I have to get up for work tomorrow morning. They are out in the living room having a blast. I did put a stop to the sucking helium out of the balloons. I can only imagine what consequences that would have on them. My daughter was the worst offender.
We have helium left over from another nephew's graduation party and we are supposed to be saving it for my niece's party, but I doubt that it will make it that long.
So the picture above is from a vacation two years ago. Traveling back through the southern states from Florida we spent a night near Savannah, Georgia. While the others swam in the pool, I took advantage of the setting sun and the beautiful palm trees. Ahh, I can still go there in my mind.
What in the world did people do before photographs were around to take them back in time? This is why I said some women just kept having babies. They forget what their children were like when they were small so they had another one to remind them. Not really, but why else would someone be nuts enough to keep having them? Oh, it could be that women didn't have a choice! I suppose that looking at baby pictures might even make some of them want to have another one, so pictures may in fact, contribute to more children. I love my pictures of my daughter when she was young. Before the arguing, before the attitude, before the sassing, in your face confrontations. Have another one? I'll pass.
Coming from the speakers: Blue Bayou by Linda Ronstadt.
Edit 1:05 a.m. (Wednesday, June 8th). Guess who had to go and get said daughter and bring her into my room? Now, guess who is sleeping on Mom's bed, while Mom is wide awake on the computer? I think the helium made her hyperactive. Guess who is tired and cranky and just grounded her daughter from swimming tomorrow? I had asked them to quiet down three times.
1 comment:
Children are definitely an addiction. After spending the weekend with my grandson, I actually could have been persuaded to have another (What a STUPID idea). But it is related to survival of the species and therefore a very strong pull.
Post a Comment