Sunday, June 12, 2005

To see a better day

green trees


Beautiful green Ohio trees along the interstate.

Well, my daughter and I may argue a lot, but I put things into perspective. As uncomfortable as it is having her in my face yelling at me, and even disobeying me; it beats the hell out of sitting around waiting and not knowing if she is alive or dead.

And, this one just beats all. What was this mother thinking? How about putting the dog in the basement?! What if a fire had broken out? Stupidity at it's finest, folks. And, her statement? "I guess it was his time to go." Somebody hold me back!

I have four T-bones waiting in marinade for me to grill them. Or, maybe that is the kids waiting for me to grill them. Four baked potatoes, butter and sour cream, a corn medley and steak sauce. Sweetened iced tea with lemons on the side and banana pudding for dessert. This is one beautiful Sunday. I think I will go and enjoy my family. They are only here for a short while.

Coming from the speakers: Oh Very Young by Cat Stevens.

2 comments:

middle-angel said...

I guess every mother and daughter go through similar situations.
I also have an experience when my daughter was teenager. She took a one-day trip to Tokyo Disneyland with her boyfriend without telling me the truth. I didn't take any action then because I had an impression that she felt guilty for what she had done, and so just tried to keep an eye on her.

Your Sunday dinner (lunch?) sounds delicious!

Peruby said...

Yes, the Sunday dinner was great. We all stuffed ourselves silly and then went back into the air conditioning to take a nap. Well, for me anyway.

Daughter and I are getting along much better, now. Whew.