Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Didn't have a care in the world

imp


She is a cute one, the impish grin, her long blond hair pulled back. Full of mischief and full of love. This picture was taken about two years ago. She is
the daughter of my old babysitter. This sitter watched my daughter from when she was about three months to six years old. Along with her three children. She had one boy older than my daughter and another boy younger than my daughter and she had this little girl. My daughter is blond, fair and blue-eyed and she blended right in with this family. My sitter looked like she was twelve years old. Petite, no make-up. She would get the strangest looks when she took her "crew" to the grocery store. She actually received more strange looks when she had her two, my daughter and was pregnant with her third.

She was a blessing. I love her dearly. Although we have moved, she has divorced and remarried and we live in different places, I still have love for her. As a sister.

I guess she ran up on hard times, this past year. Her eldest son recently went to Detention Hall. Something about the youngest (pictured above) and the little girl of the new stepfather. I don't know all the details. Recently, someone told me that she (my sitter) knew about the events and did nothing about it.

Regardless, I was her friend once and I feel that I should reach out to her. To hear her side of the story (if she wants to tell it). I just want her to know that I care about her and I remember all the years she did such a wonderful job of caring for my daughter and through bad times, she has someone that cares about her and her family. Not to judge her actions, but someone to understand that we never know what we will do in a similar circumstance until we are actually confronted with it ourselves.

More than likely, she was afraid. Torn.

Coming from the speakers: The End of the Innocence by Don Henley.

No comments: