Monday, June 13, 2005

Goodnight, goodnight...

berries


It must have been ninety degrees Fahrenheit where I was working in today. Maybe even hotter. The humidity was extreme. My hair just melted. Well, the bangs did, I wear the back of it up in a bun. It was very hard to concentrate and troubleshoot. I gave up and moved on to the other end of the line. Where the wiring closet is air conditioned. That was where I fixed the problem, anyway. I bounced the interface.

Well, it was nice to come home for lunch to a cool house and cool, fresh berries. I do have a weakness, though. Fruit dip. When I was little I hated marshmallows. I still do. But, I love marshmallow cream mixed with cream cheese for a delicious fruit dip. I also put the berries in vanilla pudding. Very nice addition to a bland treat. I love vanilla. It is my favorite pudding. The kids like banana, chocolate and lemon. Just give me vanilla, and french vanilla and sometimes I like the cheesecake pudding. Instant.

I mowed today, so it can rain, now. I also watched Troy over the week-end. Eh - not so good. I despise war movies of this sort. Couldn't stand Braveheart. Just not my kind of entertainment. I was interested in the history, though. To see how closely they followed it.

My Mom had the books The Iliad and The Odyssey in her extensive library. They weren't the ones I read, though. My Mom was always reading four or five books at a time. Sci-fi and historical ones were her favorites. I like biography and psychology. I like to study people and their behaviors.

We always had plenty of magazines, too. Before the Internet, I enjoyed signing out encyclopedias and reading them. I still would if I could find the time. I should make time. One more party to plan for June and one for the fourth of July and then maybe I can settle into some me "reading" time.

Coming from the speakers:
Goodnight, goodnight by Hot Hot Heat (my daughter's favorite new band).

No comments: