
Here is another beautiful picture of "The Lake." You would wonder if I even visited with my friends. I assure you, I did. I am a little antsy about the fact that the friend that owns this campsite will sell it soon. No time to keep up two places, now.
Well, I have been sidetracked the past few days and tonight I realize that I read forty (yes, forty) blog sites a day. That was after I dropped some because they really didn't relate to me. Not that they didn't interest me, they just weren't my age group and/or personality style. I look for pictures, creativity, amusement (I love humor) and intelligence and/or common sense writing. Introspect and insight are popular. Wonderings and wanderings.
I really feel that I am missing something if I fall behind reading the blogs. I feel guilty. As if I am not doing my part. And, how can I comment on a post that is four days old? I feel as though I missed my window, like everyone else has moved on. I recall the first time I signed up for a BBS. Someone had asked a question that I knew the answer to, and I posted it. When I re-read it the next day, I realized that the person had posted the question a year prior to my post. Yeah, like anyone was still waiting for an answer. Newbie!
I have my posts come to my personal e-mail so that I don't miss the opportunity to converse with my commenter. However, one blogger uses a name to blog and her personal name came through in my email. Her personal email name happened to be the same as my niece and I thought it was my niece emailing me. So, I didn't recognize her as a blogger. I just thought my niece was making an observation about the news media that day. It was only a week or so later that I realized it was a fellow blogger. (Sorry, Renee) I have just been slipping behind.
It is time to squeeze out the fluff again. I love to read all of the blogs, but I have to whittle them down. But who? Which one? It's like my pets. I have accumulated too many, but I can't even consider getting rid of any of them. They all have their own cute little personality and I love them each in their own way. And, I never delete ones that post to me. And, if someone new posts to me, I always read their blog (if they have one); and usually end up adding them to my daily reads. Except for the rude one who wanted to do something really weird to my cats, but he was an anonymous poster. At least I think it was a "he." Usually I cut off the ones who don't post in over a month, without a reason why. I figure that they have stopped blogging or moved on. This is going to be hard.
Well, on second thought, summer is coming and I do get out of work an hour earlier. Maybe I can still read them all. Yeah, okay. I'll just have to shave something else off of my day - like hey - shaving! That should get me a couple of blog sites a day! Hmm. Not a good idea. Warmer weather = shorts and I'll need to shave more, not less.
Oh, I'll think of something.
Coming from the speakers: Peaceful Easy Feeling by The Eagles.
3 comments:
I guess you have put into words some of the thoughts I have been having about blogging. I actually started blogging for myself...just a diary method. Since I was not disciplined enough to keep a journal and with blogging there is that little ego thing that someone somewhere might be interested in your life. Then I started collecting blog friends...not 40, but about a dozen. But you are right in the dangers of the addiction of this thing. Don't forget to live your life.
Yep. I am struggling with the juggling. Wow, that was a weird rhyme. I am quickly finding out that something has to give.
I understand what you are saying about the fire department pages. I think I gave my brother too many choices. LOL.
We can coin a new phrase. A blogger bully. As each year goes by people just keep getting stranger.
Post a Comment