Saturday, May 28, 2005

To hold on to these moments as they pass

snow day

Here is a blustery cold day from one of the snowy wintry months. In case you were missing it, you know. I was mowing the lawn today and it got pretty hot and I really welcomed the ice water when I was done. So, I thought I would take a peek at some cold pictures to remind me that this heat ain't so bad. Well, it really isn't now, because we have had one heck of a cold front come through.

Have been visiting with friends and their small grandchildren. They are so precious, so special. The unfettered laughter of a child, is there anything sweeter? I want to bring them home with me, but reason soon takes over. My daughter is not wanting me around these days, but that is okay. I planned for this and now I am experiencing more freedom to visit some long overdue friends in their home environment instead of mine or at a restaurant.

A lot of people say "You better do this, this or this; because one day your daughter won't need you anymore and you are going to be wondering what you are going to do with yourself." Hmmm. I wonder. I have plenty that I would like to do now, but I either don't have the money when I have the time, or I don't have the time when I have the money. Or, as Tabor says, I will just get back into the swing of "me things" again, when my daughter will decide that she wants to have me around a lot more. I guess we never know what is coming down the pike for us. I do know that I would love grandchildren (all in good time) and I would also love to have some "me time" to travel. Or, at least be able to stay away from home for longer than one night.

Coming from the speakers: Long December by the Counting Crows

2 comments:

Tabor said...

The side of me that I have really sublimated is the creative side. I used to be a drawer, arts and crafts person, etc. As soon as I am settled in one place again--maybe by next year--I'll go back to that.

Peruby said...

Same here. I love to draw.