I stopped in a little greasy spoon for lunch today. Modeled after the old trolley cars. Quaint, it was. It was very small and you could hear everyone else's conversations. I just sat down when I caught the comment "Computers are the sign of the Devil." Oh, this was going to be good.Two gentlemen were sitting at the counter bantering back and forth. One proceeded to tell the other that all of his problems happened after he got his computer. His wife hooked up with someone over the Internet because of that stupid computer, and then he had an awful accident at work which burned his arms up pretty bad. He is out of work. Well, he let his wife have one computer, he gave the other one to his kids and the third one he took outside on his back porch and took a sledge hammer to.
Okay, my thought is - if the computer was the root of all evil, why let his kids have one?
He was your typical stereo-type redneck if I ever saw one. He stood well over six feet, muscle t-shirt, dirty jeans, and brown boots, shaved head with a handle-bar moustache with accented goatee. He looked like a Cold Stone Steve Austin-wannabe. When he left the diner he got into his used, beat-up, primer gray, gas guzzling Ford pick-up truck with muddy running boards and thirty-day tags.
Coming from the speakers: Sympathy For the Devil by The Rolling Stones
No comments:
Post a Comment