
Some kids just love to be the center of attention. Today at my daughter's school it was "80's day". This is one of my daughter's friends with a mohawk. She was all gussied up. My daughter does not care to participate, but this girl loves attention. She lives with her Grandmother and her third husband. Her Mother kicked her out long ago. I just don't relate to this kind of lifestyle. I grew up in a loving home. Dysfunctional, yes - but we always felt loved and wanted.
My daughter called me from the dance about fifteen minutes ago. Her boyfriend came in and broke up with her. Okay. This was out of the blue. She did ditch him earlier this evening. She was supposed to go to his house and instead she went to the dance. Now, he just gave her two rings last evening. They look like little engagement rings. I think we are getting mixed signals, here.
Earlier my daughter called me from the school. She was talking a mile a minute. She and her friend were starting to walk home from school when another schoolmate fell off her sister's car. It seems like the older sister was mad at the girl and wouldn't let her in the car. So, the girl sat on the car. The sister gunned it and the girl fell off the car. My daughter called me on the cell phone. She said that the girl was okay, but then she and her sister began fighting in the middle of the road. I asked my daughter if there were any teachers or adults around. She said "No." I asked her if anyone had called 9-1-1. No, again. I asked her if there was blood, she said "Yes." I told her I would be right there. I grabbed a couple of towels and went to the school.
It was just my daughter and her very good friend. Where was the girl who fell off the car? She walked to the Park. I took my daughter and her friend to the Park and we found the girl. A scrape on the elbow. The step-dad came and got her. What a way to live. I have heard about other siblings fighting like this. My family and I never fought. We may have given one another the cold shoulder now and then, but nothing physical. Ever.
Thus, my daughter and her friend stayed at the Park and went on to the dance - and she ditched seeing her boyfriend tonight. I guess he had enough. My daughter likes to dance, he wants her to come see him. Summer is coming. Maybe it is time to be footloose and fancy free. For their age, I think it might be best.
My nephew is due in from his vacation. He drove to Louisiana and through a bunch of the Southern states. With the price of gasoline so high and he just takes off driving. Okay.
I took my niece to get her nails done tonight. The big prom is tomorrow night. I will take before-prom pictures. I won't be there for the walk-in, though. My annual derby-party. I won't get to the party in time to pick a horse, but that's okay. As long as I make it for the drinks and laughs.
So, I'll be up half the night listening to travels through the South and who danced with whom, and who said what, and who saw what and why he broke up with her and what new girl he took off with. Sigh. I would wager that her boyfriend walked into the dance and saw her dancing and/or flirting with another boy. Such drama! The rings are in a box on her computer desk.
Coming from the speakers: Why Can't We Be Friends? by War
No comments:
Post a Comment