
I came home from my Doctor's appointment this morning to this wonderful sight. I can barely get into my garage. The removal of the tree/brush is my responsibility. The electric company hired Asplundh to clear the wires and trim the tops of the trees. They said that the tree/s that had been uprooted would probably fall once the grape vines were cut away from the wires. They did. They also said it was a miracle we never had a fire. That we must have had lights flickering when it was windy. Nope. No flickering. I asked them if my Internet cable would be faster. Huh. No comment. That wasn't their area. I was just kidding.
Whew! At least they didn't touch my flowering dogwood, and the hemlocks (or whatever ugly evergreen they were) didn't fall on top of my garage. You can see the guy in the cherry picker in the middle left side of the picture. I took the pictures from my kitchen window.
The dogwood is in full bloom. I hope it lasts until Saturday so I can take pictures of my niece in her prom dress. We have frost warnings for the wee hours overnight, but it should warm up to almost seventy by Saturday/Sunday. I wonder if she shouldn't get some sort of shawl to wear.
Coming from the speakers: Look What They've Done To My Song, Ma by The New Seekers
No comments:
Post a Comment