This is the view from the top of the hill at our motel in WV. This photo was taken last year.
I broke down and bought the coffee. I had to go to wallet mart. I needed other (dry/paper) products. I rarely get my groceries there. I paid $9.78 for a 2 1/2 lb can. When I mentioned the price difference to the cashier she said "Yeah, but 'the grocery store' has milk cheaper than we do." She is correct. I guess it all evens out.
I picked up things for the BBQ gift basket that I am making for the reunion.
I picked up things for the BBQ gift basket that I am making for the reunion.
Gift baskets are a nice way to raise money for an event. Somebody creates a basket with a theme and there is a paper sack or a container for people to place a ticket in. They buy six tickets for five dollars or a dollar each and place the one half of their ticket in the container for that basket. They keep the other half so they know the number on the ticket if it is called for the winner.
My daughter and I won a puppy basket and a movie basket at a fund raiser earlier this year.
You can really get carried away. I will (of course) take pictures as I create and assemble the basket. My brother is doing a fisherman themed one, one sister is doing a ladies luxury basket, one a cookie basket, one a lottery and the other one a children's themed basket.
I found a nice basket at Jo-Ann Fabrics for $2. Marked down from $8. I purchased two of them and will give my brother one for the fishing basket. I picked up grilling chips, spatula and tongs, BBQ sauce and grilling seasonings and since Borders is going out of business stopped at Walden's (part of Borders) and found a book on grilling recipes for $4.
The object (at least for me) is to get creative with it and have fun! A lot of it is in the packaging and the display of the basket. The prettier and more attractive it is the better chance it has of getting more tickets.

4 comments:
Did you take that picture? It looks somewhat professional, as though I might have taken it. Don't mind me, I'm grieving.
Looks like the view from the Days Inn in Flatwoods, WV.
Bill - you're funny!
Grumpy - that's the one!
Good luck and have fun with your basket. :)
Post a Comment