Sunday, July 24, 2011

Tired and still....nothing

I'm more or less melting just like the rest of you in this dreadful heat wave. Sticking close to the A/C indoors and hoping above all else that the unit does not falter. I was away visiting daughter yesterday afternoon and saw my stove light blinking when I came home. It did rain and storm a bit where I was at but we did not lose power there. 

I did need to boot my computer this morning and the system sounds like a jet engine. I have not had the motivation to take any photos. This one was taken in May in a mirror at work. I work by myself now in the office and I love it. My co-worker was a real nut case. I do not miss her one iota. I am sort of a loner, anyway.

I can see my camera from where I am sitting but have no idea where the battery charger is located. Canon cameras are mostly black and when the sun is this hot, you don't want anything black outside. 

My big dogs got their kennel cough (Bordetella) vaccinations yesterday. Cheech and Chong go in for theirs this Friday. I am boarding them somewhere new this year while we go to our family reunion in WV. They also were behind on distemper so they got their shot for that, also. Their papers are now ready for the new boarders.

We are going to vote on having the reunion on a Saturday next year. So many folks travel and "have" to be back to work Monday morning and they leave early on Sunday. I take both Monday and Tuesday off. Monday for traveling back home and Tuesday for resting. Yep. Every year I need to rest from my break. I do more work in one day of "vacation" than I do all week at work. That is probably because my job is very little physical activity anymore. 

I do have 10 fiber switches to install this summer/fall. They are about the size of...what? Bigger and much heavier than a VCR - maybe a heavy digital box that goes with your hi def TV? Something like that. I will try to remember to take pics.

I did get to spend some time with Cheech and Chong yesterday and it might be my imagination but I swear their eyes are imploring me to take them home. :(  It haunts me. Belle will be a huge German Shepherd and currently is their size. I think they realize that soon she is going to be the big Alpha dog in that house.

Since I was out and about yesterday that leaves today to try to clean up my house. I can find a phobia for fear of cleaning, but they mean bathing. I do not have THAT fear! Thank God! I do have phono/photo/ and osmo phobias. I feel that I am hypersensitive to sounds/light and smells.

There is a fear of the color of purple? Really?



1 comment:

Cheyenne said...

Anti-cleanophobia sounds good to me. I suffer from the same thing. I also have phonephobia or whatever it is called and that is fear of the telephone. I am like Pavlov's dogs: when the phone rings, I run the other way.