Thursday, July 07, 2011

Obsessive?

I like to work puzzles. My Mom was the same. I noticed my obsessive-compulsive behavior (of course I did not know it had a name back then) when I would work a book of fill-it-in puzzles. I refused to enter and cross off a word unless I went in order (or down the line, so to speak). This meant all the three letter words had to be placed in the puzzle before I moved onto the four letter words, etc... It was a great exercise in memory. The puzzles with numbers was especially challenging. LOL!

I have a book (above) of picture puzzles where you find the difference. I refuse to move on to the next puzzle until I have discovered all of the differences in the puzzle before it. It can be maddening. I do the same with word search puzzles. I have to find them in order and refuse to move ahead. Would this be obsessive compulsive? I guess it would.

6 comments:

Grumpy said...

Where would one find a book of picture puzzles? They look like fun.

I Wonder Wye said...

hi, coming by to thank you for checking out my blog. I am sorry your migraine cropped it's ugliness and prevented you from enjoying your party...It's hard enough to get out when you feel bad but to be the hostess is the pits...I hope you're feeling much better now...

Peruby said...

Grumpy - I found this book in the magazine racks by the grocery check out area. Where the tabloids and magazines are situated for impulse buying.

Peruby said...

Wye - it has taken a few days, but I think I am finally beginning to feel normal again. Whatever "normal" is.

Peruby said...

Grumpy - the book has a web page.

http://pilbraingames.com

kden said...

Oh I am such the opposite. My Gemini attention span flits all over. I start things I do not finish and then move on to the next project. I don't call it obsessive, I call it being able to pay attention for more than 2 min....oh look a kitty!