Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Rx

It is one of those weeks where the days zip by and I am not home in the evenings and time slips away and I get no computer time. I barely get time to do the necessities like taking care of the pets and washing clothes. There are not any dishes because I am not home long enough to dirty any except for a coffee cup or water glass.

I wanted to have my hair (roots) touched up before the reunion and I ran out of time to do it myself. I opted for a salon. A rare treat, indeed. Two main reasons. I don't get a migraine when they do it and it never goes "brassy" when they color it. Well, I didn't get the migraine.

I turn my cell phone off during appointments like this because I think that is annoying and rude to have a cell phone ring during anything like this. I finished and took my bright orange head out to the car and checked my messages. Hmmm. 3 missed calls and they were just five minutes ago.

My daughter did not answer her phone but her beau did. He handed the phone over to her. They were headed to the ER but since daughter was speaking to me on the phone and her beau was driving I assumed it was not too serious. She felt that she had a bladder infection and was passing blood.

Mom's don't hear much more in  a case like this. I just wanted to know one thing. Which hospital? It was the one in my town and I met them there. I was kind of skeptical of the ER visit because daughter has never been before and never had to wait while they see everyone else first.

The wait was over three hours. I told her it would be long.  I even took a break to go home to take the dogs out (my house is about 1/2 mile away) and got my cell phone charger. Even though my daughter was fighting an infection and was in some pain her beau and I spent about two solid hours going over our cell phones with updates and tests. 

With the reunion coming up I set up a group of texts to family so that I can keep them updated on our whereabouts during the drive down. For example, if our car caravan stops at lunch I want to let others know the time and location so that if they are within minutes of the restaurant, they can stop in also.

With over 10 cars going the same direction but not necessarily the exact same time and some drive faster than others and some of us have to stop more than others - I felt it would be nice to keep updates.

I sent a test text out Sunday morning. Out of 17 people, five answered right away. At 4 p.m. on Monday another five answered. All within a five minute time span. That leaves 7 not accounted for. One I know will never answer because I accidentally sent it to her home phone. Good luck with that one! I was a bit dismayed that quite a few got the message over 24 hours later. Well, that would not work. That is the reason we spent two hours performing software updates and tests.

Anyway, back at the ER. My daughter was diagnosed with a problem and it had moved to her kidneys. She was given medicine straight away and given two prescriptions. She is feeling much better, now. That was Monday evening.

While in the waiting room of the ER I observed people. There were two women in particular. One was robust and one was younger and thinner. Both had their tops literally bulging out of the tiny, skimpy shirts they were wearing. Both had small children.

Seriously. The robust one sat across from us for two hours and she had to bend over many times to pick up what her daughter dropped on the floor and I swore she was going to fall right out of her tiny top. I am still surprised I did not see a nipple. My daughter's beau and I gave each other looks like "Holy cow!" each time and my poor daughter was too out of it to notice anything.

The younger one was skinnier and had a younger baby but she was very exposed. I found it kind of amusing that the two with the exposed bosoms  were the ones with young children. As long as there are low cut tops, I guess the species will survive in some form or another.

2 comments:

Grumpy said...

Why is it the women who should never be wearing low cut, tight fitting tops always are?

Anonymous said...

I connected with that observation a long, long time ago.