
Blue building
Today I didn't get to drive anywhere but to the office and back. This photo is from yesterday's excursion. I like the folks who dare to paint their home or garage a vivid color. One that will stand out. You could tell folks, "I live in the blue house. You can't miss it. It is blue. It is beyond blue." At the time I took the photo (a drive-by shoulder shot), I didn't realize that there was actually what appears to be a house on the one side. I thought it was an abandoned business of some sort. No vehicles were around the building. We have quite a few purple houses in our town along with a few green and yellow ones that stand out from the rest. I like that.
I went to the library at lunch today. I picked up a book that I nearly finished this evening. I forced myself to put it down and focus on other things that needed my attention. The book is "The End of the World As We Know It: Scenes of A Life: by Robert Goolrick. It is pretty good in the fact that I like to read about others' lives and how turbulent it was while they were growing up. It sounds a lot like "The Prince of Tides" by Pat Conroy. I read the book after I watched the movie. I was dismayed at the many changes the movie made. Anyway, back to "The End..." I like books like this. Why some of the children in a family remain functional in life and why some stumble along. There is a lot to birth order and how children turn out in life. As always, there are exceptions to every rule. It makes for great reading, though.
No comments:
Post a Comment