Monday, September 03, 2007

Glee


Little girl on a water slide

My family must be tired of each other. Nobody had a cook-out this holiday week-end. If they did, they kept it very simple. I had plans to go to a friend's cook-out. Her grandson was turning 2 and her son and his wife were up from Biloxi, MS for a few weeks and decided to have a get together.

There were kids all over the place. It makes me realize what low producers my family members are. My friend's nephew built a little train for the kids to ride on. He made it out of barrels. The barrels are laid on their side and he cut out a section for the seat, put them on wheels, locked them together and pulls it with a tractor. It is really neat. I'll post a photo of it soon.

Some of the children relished the water slide and jumped right in. Others held back. Some parents tried to force their children to go on it, which just resulted in a crying child. The event was held at a small park and there were swings, sliding boards and a merry-go-round. Now, there's a piece of playground equipment you can have. I get sick just watching that thing. Ugh!

There was so much food. I realize that with each family get together we all tend to make or bring the same stuff. When you go to a new get together you get to sample and taste all kinds of new foods. Yum! This family brings food in tubs and roasters! We left in the late afternoon when one branch of the family started shoving each other's faces into pieces of cake. There were about five cakes, but I can't see wasting food like that when somebody else took the time, money and trouble to make it. The Mom of the little birthday boy had made a "pool cake" made out of cookies and such. She got the idea and recipe out of Parents magazine. I'll post a photo of it later, too.

My daughter wasn't feeling well. I really hope she does not get that nasty cold that I had last week. Well, tomorrow we get to see what the school says about her hair. Since that school is one where I install, maintain and setup equipment in, I am scheduling a maintenance day there tomorrow. I really need to check on their router, you know? I am a little bit concerned about the CRC errors on the Fast Ethernet port out there. Well, that's my story and I'm stickin' to it. Let's see them refute that. I also need to go right about lunch time for the students so Mama Bear can cast a discerning eye over the students in the cafeteria for any offenders of the strict hair code. Damn straight. Let's play some hard ball. I'm ready.

No comments: