
I did NOT take this picture!
I did NOT steal their souls. My sister did. She said somebody told her they didn't mind. Uh huh. Meanwhile, I called another sister today. She had to end the call -someone was at the door. I waited about ten to fifteen and called her back. A deep baritone answered. (Huh?) "Hello?" he said. I stammered. "Hello, is (my sister's name) there?" The deep baritone, "Who?" I was convinced I had the wrong number, even though I used my cell phone's speed dial and rang her up by name. I repeated the question. Deep baritone "I'm the Amish guy in the garage."
Wow! My sister has an Amish guy in the garage. I SO want one! How does she rate? So, she has been holding out on us, huh? Sigh. Could you imagine what my garage could look like with an Amish guy in it? Oh, the brilliance of it. The organization. The MUSCLE!
She had a chance to explain later. He came to use the telephone. The one at their saw mill was not working. Still, you think the guy would have said "I'm her neighbor, I'm just here to use the phone." But no, he is and will forever be "The Amish guy in the garage."
3 comments:
That story is hilarious!
That story is wonderful. So the Amish do not see themselves as any part of this modern society. I wonder what he would have said if it was an Amish person on the other end of the phone?
Yes, kind of like we are the English, they are the Amish. Separate.
And, just for the record he pronounced it "Awe" - mish and not "Am" - mish.
I always prounced it with the "Awe" sound. But, I have heard others prounced it the other way - with the "Am".
Post a Comment