Sunday, September 09, 2007

Lazy week-end


I tried to teach my daughter not to wear stripes with dots.

But, you know teenagers. She will wear the opposite of anything I advise. At the butterfly conservatory in Niagara, not only the spotted butterflies were attracted to her headband, but as you can see, the striped ones also. This is the one we had to have the worker remove. He used a soft piece of felt to lift the winged diurnal insect off.

I was very lazy this week-end. I watched a lot of movies. My favorite out of the bunch was a tie between Georgia Rule and The Contract. Both very different movies. I did not expect Georgia Rule to have that story line. And I like most anything with John Cusak and Morgan Freeman in it and when they are in the same movie, it delighted as well as entertained.

I was disappointed in The Last King of Scotland. Okay, maybe disappointed is not the correct word. I don't like detailed torture and bloody scenes. Just let our imaginations figure out what happened, they don't have to be so graphic about it. It did inspire enough curiosity in me that I researched the story line on the Web. I know more about the background and the history. Which in fact, is a good thing. If not for the movie, I would be ignorant of the situation.

And, for fun, I watched Blades of Glory with my daughter. It wasn't bad, and I have to be in that teenage/young adult mindset to go with the humor they put in the movie. We laughed out loud in a couple of places. That is a good thing.

It rained here Friday evening and all day yesterday. It is still raining. We have a cook-out later this afternoon. My daughter made a cake (from a mix and with my help). I will be showing her how to make frosting (from scratch), next. I suppose her helping curiosity has run out by now, though. I'll probably be flying solo on the icing of the cake. Until it's time to lick the bowl. Yum.

2 comments:

Cheyenne said...

Put up a huge fan and blow some of that rain our way; we need it badly.

Peruby said...

Okay, it was a monsoon here this morning and I faced southeast and blew. I even took my push broom and tried pushing it your way. (I think you are Southeast from me.)

Did it work?