Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Back in Blue

Here is a picture of one of the beautiful lakes that we have near here in Ohio. When I pass it this time of year all is cold and gray. The water looks sinister and menacing.

My daughter and I were both sick today so we took some time and watched a movie together. Flightplan has been called a combination of Panic Room and The Forgotten. It was pretty suspenseful, regardless of whether it was a copycat movie or not.

I cringed when I saw some closeup shots of Jodie Foster. I thought to myself, 'Surely she has had some kind of surgery. Her features are just so sharp they jump out at you.' And, I am sure it is nobody's business but her own. But, at times it was painful to look at her. I can't imagine what it would have been like to have seen her in a theater with a giant screen.









And then I think, maybe nothing was done. You have to give her credit though. For letting an image of a real person come through when she is aboard the flight and is frantic. Because as you can see here, she can be quite glamorous when she chooses to be.

2 comments:

Tabor said...

I though she was looking a little hawkish as well, maybe it is just a big weight loss thing?

Peruby said...

Yes, that is the word - hawkish. I couldn't imagine being in a feature film. The pressure to look "just right" would have to be intense.