
Things you don't want to hear after you pick your fourteen-year-old daughter up from an over-nighter. "I think I made a mistake." My heart stopped and I about missed our turn and drove the car over the hill. Not the hill in the picture above which is from last summer. More color for our weary eyes.
No. It wasn't too serious. She said she peeked at her friend's diary and read it. I took in a gulp of air. I had been holding my breath. She found some things out about this friend that she wished she didn't know. We talked a bit about personal and private things, yada yada yada. Whew. Don't do that to your Mom!
Funny incident reading the Sunday paper. Now, I get the award for biggest fool when it comes to this next paragraph. My daughter brought a stray cat home. Yes, that is four cats, now. I am a fool. I was reading the paper hoping that somebody would list it as lost. I began reading the first listing. '250 acres, farm land....' I thought to myself "How can somebody lose land?" I re-read the section title. Lots and Land NOT Lost and Found. And, this was with my glasses on!
4 comments:
Loved your Sunday paper incident. That is too funny.
That is so funny, Peruby, and sounds like something I would do these days.
too much on your mind, that is what caused the paper incident! Thanks for the chuckle!
Four cats is no more difficult than three. ;) Just more to love.
~S :)
Post a Comment