This is my stats for my blog site in the past year. I don't recall what the numbers are, I was just amused by the spike and the drop in hits.The big one that caused a lot of "google" searches was the picture I had posted of the sky. For a few months there when you would google the image of the word "sky" my pic would come up about sixth or seventh. I have no idea how. Now, it doesn't even appear in the first six or seven pages of images. That is as far as I looked.
At one time I thought I knew how search engines worked. But as with everything else, the more you know - the more you realize you don't know.
At one time I thought I knew how search engines worked. But as with everything else, the more you know - the more you realize you don't know.
For the most part I check the stats to see if any family is peeking in at my blog or not. I have not told them about it, but I suppose they could find it for themselves. They do go to my personal web page, so I know what their visit log looks like. So far, nobody in the near neighborhood stops in to this blog.
I do watch what I say about family and especially co-workers, now. As far as I know, I have not received any co-workers stopping in, either. This isn't for family or co-workers. It is for me. To purge my day. Vent. And, I got to tell you. I go back and re-read my entries. Just to see what I was doing or going through "a year ago today." And sometimes it helps to recall what happened when.
For example: If I can't recall what date I purchased my printer, I know that it was the same time I blogged about Sable chewing up my headset. I was setting the printer up when I found the headset. It works pretty well as a record keeper.
Another thing that amuses me is what brings searchers to my site. Before I used the stats I posted a picture of a butterfly house, but shortened the name to "Butt house". You guessed it. I had hits, though I am as confused as you are. Search engines no longer show the image, but for the love of Pete, why search for that image? Oh, never mind. I just searched for the phrase instead of the image and I got lots of hits for butt house. There is a bed and breakfast with that name, there is a popular exercise about walking around the house on your butt cheeks. Okay, now I can see where this is going.
And, personally - I kind of like some of the houses depicted in one guy's site titled Butt Ugly houses of the Universe. But that's just me.
So far our new kitty is very shy. She stays in the basement except to eat. She is okay with the other cats - it is the dog she is terrified of. We are taking it slow. Letting her work it out on her own. When we go downstairs to pet her, she is very affectionate. I have never had a long-hair cat before. She has some matted hair under her chin I would like to cut out. There is no way we can comb them out. They are too matted. I call her "Scruffy", my daughter calls her Moosey.
I do watch what I say about family and especially co-workers, now. As far as I know, I have not received any co-workers stopping in, either. This isn't for family or co-workers. It is for me. To purge my day. Vent. And, I got to tell you. I go back and re-read my entries. Just to see what I was doing or going through "a year ago today." And sometimes it helps to recall what happened when.
For example: If I can't recall what date I purchased my printer, I know that it was the same time I blogged about Sable chewing up my headset. I was setting the printer up when I found the headset. It works pretty well as a record keeper.
Another thing that amuses me is what brings searchers to my site. Before I used the stats I posted a picture of a butterfly house, but shortened the name to "Butt house". You guessed it. I had hits, though I am as confused as you are. Search engines no longer show the image, but for the love of Pete, why search for that image? Oh, never mind. I just searched for the phrase instead of the image and I got lots of hits for butt house. There is a bed and breakfast with that name, there is a popular exercise about walking around the house on your butt cheeks. Okay, now I can see where this is going.
And, personally - I kind of like some of the houses depicted in one guy's site titled Butt Ugly houses of the Universe. But that's just me.
So far our new kitty is very shy. She stays in the basement except to eat. She is okay with the other cats - it is the dog she is terrified of. We are taking it slow. Letting her work it out on her own. When we go downstairs to pet her, she is very affectionate. I have never had a long-hair cat before. She has some matted hair under her chin I would like to cut out. There is no way we can comb them out. They are too matted. I call her "Scruffy", my daughter calls her Moosey.
I better make an appointment with our vet this coming week. Get her shot and fixed. She is very tiny under all that hair, so she is probably pretty young. She won't get pregnant inside my house, and we don't let her out. But I will do the right thing, fixed she will get. Unless she is already "with kittens".
3 comments:
I look at my stats once in a while, but they are not that big, so I don't think I have been 'discovered.' I do have one visitor that comes from a small community which is the same as one of my co-workers hometown...I do wonder about that one!
I have a technical question. Why does our computer technician team configure our new computers so that we no longer have access to the defrag feature??!!
Is it "just" defrag, or did they block access to all of the system tools? If it is all the tools, they may have been blocking access to Firewall settings and security settings and by default defrag was included with this section.
If it is just defrag, I can't think of a good reason to block it unless it was interfering with another application such as the anti-virus program.
I suppose the more often defrag is run, the more chances you have of causing problems on the hard drive, since the machine is writing, re-writing and moving huge chunks of data.
And, it could be a control issue. Maybe they don't like somebody else doing "their" job. I have worked with many techs who have this ego problem.
No, Peruby, you are correct. It is a total system block and that must be the reason. They are getting more and more restrictive on the anti-virus stuff. My computer is starting to do strange things which they are blaming on LanDesk, whatever that is!
Post a Comment