Tuesday, February 07, 2006

I heard the news today, oh boy.



My sister called me today. An old boyfriend passed away. Another lifetime ago. He was my "Virginia" boyfriend. We lived in Virginia Beach and Chesapeake together for a few years.

He was one of the kindest and nicest men I have ever known. He was very kind to animals and children. He liked to fish. I like to think that he is off fishing somewhere on one of the lakes in Virginia or Ohio. At sunrise. Always at sunrise.

3 comments:

Tabor said...

Does it seem strange to have lost someone in your generation? I have lost a number of classmates over the years.

Peruby said...

It is in fact, surreal. Sometimes I will remember somebody from my past and think to myself - they are still out there somewhere, marching along in this life just as I am. Then, to have one pass away is just - well, surreal.

Miki said...

I lost on e of my high school friends about 2 years ago. It was very strange to know that we laughed and had fun together and now she was gone. What was even stranger was the fact that she had accomplished so much in her lifetime, but none of "us" really knew it, we had lost touch with her over the years. Infact, she passed away just a few months after the reunion, 20 year, and it was so bizzarre, we all were looking for her there, and myone friend tried and tried to get her to come............Sorry for your loss, Peruby, it is a loss to you, because you have now lost a part of your history.