Friday, December 16, 2005

Up went the tree

I stopped at Lowe's on the way home from work and bought all new lights. I wrestled the tree into the stand and up it went. A little bit crooked, but it will do for now.

I had some observers, but they hung back. They didn't want to jump in right away. But, they do want to inspect this foreign object in our living room. Smells good. Not sure about the taste. I don't want any needle deposits on my carpet if you know what I mean.


Jasper went for the red plastic cover of one of the tree stand screws. The red from one of the lights lit the front of his nose up like Rudolph. He will have a time living this one down. The other cats are so going to make fun of him and call him names.

Casper, on the other hand went for the green pine needles. They are sharp. I didn't pick the tree, my daughter and her beau did. I used to always get the soft, long-needle pine trees. My brother got me in that habit. Easier on the arms and bare hands when you decorate it. Less prickles.



For the past couple of years, I have been experimenting with different types of needles to see which one I like best. And, since my daughter volunteers to put the lights and other decorations on the tree, I really don't have to worry about it. I just get the sucker in the stand and make sure it is watered. They take it from there. Sweet!

Well, kids. It's up. Have at it. I'm going to bake cookies and wrap. Wrap and bake. Bake and wrap.

No comments: