Friday, December 23, 2005

Mix it up


Yep. There you go. A little Santa, a little snowmen and the Nativity. Icicle lights and spiral trees. This house isn't as congested as some on down the road. Traffic was irritated at me so this was the best that I got out of the bunch.

I am going to have to hoof it for a better view. I don't know if I'll have time to get out, but I sure am going to try because there are some beautiful homes in my area.

I thought I was done shopping until my daughter informed me that I purchased the wrong video game for her boyfriend. Back out into the wild we go. Lines were long but people were in good spirits. I was just having fun. For some really insane reason I love to be out among the shoppers when I am relaxed and all my gifts are purchased. I sat and drank my iced mocha while people watching. The children are the greatest. (When they aren't tired and cranky). They were skipping and squealing with delight. I didn't see one angry person today. Even the cashiers were merry.

I sat on a bench and waited while my daughter did some last minute shopping. Then there is tomorrow. I plan to stay home and clean the house tomorrow. Bake a few more batches of cookies and I am baking a lasagna. Yep, I am skipping the turkey and ham. My sister will have that on Sunday. I was trying to think of something that my family could enjoy so that it wouldn't make them sick of turkey and ham. I decided Italian was the way to go.

Sign I saw in a shop today:

I love giving home-made gifts. Which child do you want?

No comments: