Friday, December 02, 2005

A troubled fourteen-year-old.




Here she is at three years old.


Yeah. So today I come home for lunch and I get a telephone call from the Assistant principal at the high school.
My daughter hit a boy. Surprised? Nah, me neither. Name calling escalated to shoving match escalated to her hitting him in the face. A teacher stopped them before he could hit her back.

Last year a classmate of hers (another girl) was suspended for three days for hitting him, too. I know that doesn't make it right, but it made me feel better knowing that he has some kind of repeating behavior. That he has been in trouble before.

She is suspended for three days. Sigh. Assistant principal was very nice. I hugged her when I saw her and told her I was on her side. Blah, blah.

Tears. More hugs. She is sorry. No arguments between she and I. She knows she made the wrong choice. She knows she will have consequences.

No comments: